Friday, November 7, 2008

Oh Snail, Climb Mount Fuji

A man just chased me down the street, waving his arms in the air and yelling “Barak Obama is good, Barak Obama is good!" I think the Malians might be even more excited than we are about the president elect!
I got my absentee ballot in the mail today, a little late. Good thing Ohio didn’t need my vote!!! I stayed up until 5AM to watch the elections on CNN in Bamako, and it was well worth it. Now I'm back in Segou, checking in on my village's progress with the well (we hit water!) and preparing for my father's visit!! (yay!)
Meanwhile, fundraising for the school is coming along well; we've raised almost $3,000 so far, although we've still got a long way to go! I appreciate all of your help getting the word out. Keep up the good work!
Also, the school project is in the news! There's an article about the school and my teammate Kyle in a New Orleans paper,
and there's one about me on the UC website. Hope the publicity helps a little with fundraising.
As the saying goes:

Oh Snail,
Climb Mount Fuji
But slowly,
Slowly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your experiences. Nat'l Geographic, here you come. Wish we could be there with you. Thinking of you, and hope to buy a brick for your well. Thanks for your blog. Gram & Gramp.

P.S. - Love, from Mom